Monday, September 25, 2017
Sunday, September 24, 2017
Saturday, September 23, 2017
Friday, September 22, 2017
Wednesday, September 20, 2017
A long day of travel, about 16 hours door to door--Springfield to Seattle to Fairbanks. Got checked in at the hotel where everything is happening, then enjoyed dinner with some good friends from out Class of 2011 bishops & spouses community.
Tuesday, September 19, 2017
- Usual weekday AM routine. Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Made lodging arrangements for my next visit to Nashotah House.
- Acceded to Dean Andy Hook's request that I pick out columbarium niches for Brenda and me, just so we have dibs when the time comes. (Chances are, though, we'll probably have ourselves planted at Nashotah.)
- Confirmed via phone that I indeed did remember to reserve a hotel room in Fairbanks for the House of Bishops meeting. There had been a moment of panic earlier.
- Responded by email to a couple of queries from diocesan clergy on disparate matters, and one from a lay leader.
- Attended to some dangling details pertaining to the Synod Mass.
- Took a fine-tooth comb to the text of a homily for Proper 21 that I used several years ago, and made several appropriate emendations to make it usable on October 1 at St Mary's, Robinson.
- Took a brisk walk west on Lawrence to Walnut, then north to Edwards and back over to Second.
- Jumped on a couple of late-arriving emails.
- Lunch from McD's, eaten at home.
- Sat with Paige as we walked ourselves together through our user's guide to Gnosis toward the end of producing an emailed ad clerum letter to all clergy serving in the diocese. It was painstaking effort, but it was rewarded with success, and will be easier next time. Then I had to actually write the letter, which took a while. But it worked, and I've already heard back from some that they got it.
- Refined the script for my next video in the Seven Habits series. Sent to Paige to stimulate her creative thinking. Hope to record in early November when my travel schedule settles down.
- Regular scheduled maintenance task: cleaned up the accumulated material on my computer desktop, stowing stuff in a longer-term manner.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.
- The evening was spent packing to tomorrow's very early departure by air to Fairbanks, Alaska for the regular fall meeting of the House of Bishops.
Sunday, September 17, 2017
Sundays are always the highlight of my week. Today I got to share the Holy Mysteries and preach the Word of God with the people of St Mark's, West Frankfort. The drive back to Springfield went smoothly and I was back home right at 2:00. Light errands and a ball game to watch. Can't complain.