Good Friday

  • Morning Prayer in the cathedral, in the somber nave, then some time praying in the chapel at the Altar of Repose.
  • Finished and refined my Easter sermon. 
  • Took a longish phone call wherein the subject was the special project I am working on in connection with my membership on the Nashotah House board. The issue is certainly getting more complex before we'll be able to do anything to make it simpler.
  • Looked at propers for Easter III, gearing up for preparing a sermon for my visit to St James, McLeansboro on May 8. After a bit of wrestling, I feel like I have a sense of direction with it.
  • Went home for a while to look at some troubling rain drainage patterns that Brenda had called my attention to. Ended up getting on a ladder and hand-clearing a couple of gutter downspouts of leaves and debris. Things are flowing a little better now. We've had lots of rain.
  • Took my sermon for Easter II (May 1 at St John's Chapel in Champaign) to the next level or preparation.
  • After a couple of mundane chores, I took the time to compose a Good Friday blog post.
  • Evening Prayer in the cathedral, then time with tonight's sanctuary party to lay the foundation for the Good Friday liturgy.
  • The liturgy itself covered all the bases, and covered them reasonably well: Word with Passion Gospel (and homily by the Dean), Solemn Collects, Veneration of the Cross, and Holy Communion from Reserved Sacrament.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)