- Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- As the Archdeacon has now returned from his study time in Oxford, and as my own vacation begins tomorrow, we had a substantial amount to talk about, mostly by way of "hand off."
- Hand-wrote a couple of dozen notes to clergy and spouses having August birthdays and anniversaries.
- Picked up three chicken tacos from La Bamba ("burritos as big as your head") and brought them home to eat.
- Had a detailed speaker phone conversation (with the Archdeacon participating) with Fred Vallowe, Mission Warden at St James' in McLeansboro. Stay tuned for news of some rather happy developments of the win-win variety.
- Wrote an Ad Clerum (letter to the clergy) covering sundry issues. It should go out by email tomorrow.
- Evening Prayer in the office.
My vacation begins tomorrow. Brenda and I will be spending some time out west, visiting with members of both our families, and taking in some of the natural wonders of Washington's Olympic Peninsula. I will be back in office on Friday, August 12. Until then, this blog is now going dark!