Friday


  • Task planning at home, Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
  • Processed another batch of emails that have come in over the last couple of days. Some of this was complex, and sucked a lot up more time than I anticipated.
  • Lunch at home after driving through ... wait for it ... Taco Gringo. (I can tell people actually read this diary blog because I get asked about Taco Gringo!) Got back to the office a little late because I was seduced by the Cubs-Cardinals (or Cardinals-Cubs if you prefer) game on TV. Stayed to watch the first inning. I was glad about the eventual outcome, but grateful I didn't watch the process of getting there. It would have given me an upset stomach!
  • Major progress on conceiving, hatching, and growing a sermon for my visit to Trinity, Mount Vernon on Labor Day weekend.
  • Building on the "sharpen the saw" theme from yesterday, I took some time to re-examine and revise my personal Rule of Life and personal Mission and Vision statement. These documents were created years ago, and have served me well, but they were in need of some updating and recasting.
  • Did a lectio divina on passage from I Kings appointed for Morning Prayer tomorrow.
  • Evening Prayer in the cathedral.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)