Friday

  • Usual morning routine.
  • Read, commented on, and returned a draft of the search profile for St Michael's, O'Fallon. We will be giving them some candidates to interview soon.
  • Dealt with some outstanding issues relating to music for the Synod Eucharist.
  • Wrote a first draft of my homily for the Walsingham Pilgrimage service in Danville on the 16th.
  • Lunch at home.
  • Conceived and hatched a sermon for my visits to Granite City and Glen Carbon on the 23rd. 
  • Spent my regular Friday prayer time in an Ignatian-style discursive meditation on the daily office gospel reading for the day--Jesus heals two blind beggars and a demoniac.
  • Finished a draft of my homily for when I visit St John's, Decatur on the morning of the 16th.
  • Wrestled some more with the second reading for the Synod Mass (Revelation 21:1-6) and distilled a central message for my sermon on that occasion.
  • Dinner (Kiku's) and a movie (The Ides of March) with the Dragonfly in the evening.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)