Thursday (St Leo of Rome)

  • Task planning at home. Visited with my sister Janet for a bit, who spent the night en route back to her home in the Chicago 'burbs after spending some time with a college student daughter in St Louis. Feeling better today; I seemed to have dodged whatever bullet was heading my direction.
  • Morning Prayer in the office.
  • Some days just have trouble getting traction. This was one of those days. Lots of distractions (some self-generated), most of which were important, but were nonetheless distractions. Couldn't find my groove.
  • Processed a batch of emails (in which were included some distractions).
  • Took a phone call (she was already on my list, but got to me first) from Ruth Wene, Rector's Warden at the Chapel of St John the Divine in Champaign. We discussed various issues relating to their search process.
  • Searched for, evaluated, and booked lodging in London for a portion of my January continuing ed time.
  • Lunch at home.
  • The monitor on my computer at home died last night, so I shopped after lunch, and purchased a new one.
  • Conceived and hatched a sermon for the First Sunday of Advent, to be delivered at St Christopher's, Rantoul.
  • Penned a condolence note a lay leader in one of our churches who has just lost a spouse.
  • Entered the tasks that will drive my preparation for delivering a Lenten teaching series in Alton Parish.
  • Reviewed my December visitation schedule and made a few logistical notes.
  • Evening Prayer in the office.
  • After dinner, had a substantive phone conversation with one of our rural deans regarding a congregation in his deanery.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)