Wednesday (St John of the Cross)


  • Task planning at home, then took the vehicle to the dealer for some warranty work. Brenda met me there and ran me in to the office.
  • Completed a survey (by hand, no less!) from the College of Bishops regarding the impact that their program has had on my ministry.
  • Exchanged substantive emails with a potential candidate for one of our vacant clergy positions.
  • Wrote an email to the members of the diocesan Disciplinary Board prompting them to elect a president.
  • Finished a draft of my homily for Christmas Eve at St Paul's Cathedral.
  • Since my car wasn't finished yet, thus stranding me in downtown Springfield, I "made lemondade" by walking to the heart of downtown for lunch, grabbing a sandwich within sight of the old capitol building, and dodging raindrops on the way back to the office.
  • Wrote a snail mail letter (since I couldn't find an email address for him) to a priest I am hoping to entice into becoming a candidate for the same open position I referenced above.
  • Took care of a couple of items of administrative minutia.
  • Conceived and hatched a homily for the feast of the Holy Name of Jesus (January 1), again at the cathedral.
  • Rode with Sue Spring to the Hyundai dealer to retrieve the vehicle.
  • Read and meditated a bit on the lectionary readings for Epiphany. As it happens, I'll be preaching and celebrate at St John's, Decatur on the eve of that feast, and again the next night as we induct Fr Mark Evans as new rector of Trinity, Lincoln. So this was a two-fer.
  • Evening Prayer in the cathedral.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)