Wednesday

  • Usual routine. Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
  • Administrative chores pertaining the clergy deployment, the ordination process, and filling out the cast of characters for the Title IV clergy discipline process that we hope we never have to use.
  • Refined and printed a working text of my homily for the Feast of the Presentation of Our Lord Jesus Christ in the Temple (aka Candlemas), to be delivered at St Paul's Church, K Street, Washington, DC on 2 February.
  • Completed a rough draft of my sermon for Epiphany VI (12 February), to be delivered at the Chapel of St John the Divine in Champaign.
  • Met with one of the finalists for Vicar of St Michael's, O'Fallon, along with his wife and daughter, and the Archdeacon, in my office for a few minutes. (Then I took him to lunch while the wife and daughter were otherwise entertained by the Bishop's Warden of St Michael's, seeing the Lincoln Home.)
  • Off quickly after lunch to a dental appointment. Yes, I need to floss more. Isn't that what everybody hears?
  • Attended to a couple of small but important administrative chores.
  • Refined and printed a working text of my homily for Epiphany V, to be given at St Mary's, Robinson on 5 February.
  • Evening Prayer in the cathedral.
  • I could not be more pleased with the progress of recovery from my ankle injury. I'm walking normally now (not tap-dancing, but walking), and the pain is less all the time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)