Shrove Tuesday

This was a day of telephone calls. I spoke with a vestry member of one of our parishes (over the search process issues), the interim rector of one of our parishes in search, two colleague bishops about different candidates for two different openings, a potential candidate himself for one of those openings, a priest from another diocese concerning an aspirant to ordination, and my ELCA counterpart regarding a particular cleric whom we share. In between phone calls, I managed to schedule a couple of appointments, process a batch of emails, and refine my homily for this Sunday (to be delivered in the Episcopal Parish of Alton). In the evening, Brenda and I actually found some real Louisiana-style Mardi Gras food at a funky bar in downtown Jacksonville. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)