Tuesday

  • Task planning at home, which was itself a substantial task today, given that I am now resuming "ordinary time" after having been out of the office for three weeks, and lots of "ordinary" things to do have piled up.
  • Brief catch-up time with the Archdeacon and the Administrator, then short devotions in the cathedral before returning to the office for Morning Prayer, as there were various things going on in the cathedral nave.
  • Took care of a few details pertaining to the liturgies for next week's clergy retreat; conferred by phone with Fr Tucker, who is my "point man" in that area.
  • Attended the regular meeting of the diocesan Finance Committee. 
  • Pondered a couple of challenging situations in two of our congregations, and made some small moves that grew out of my pondering. 
  • Lunch from TG, eaten at home. After lunch, I took a brisk walk on my new treadmill. So far, I'm pleased with the experience.
  • The rest of the day was spent working through the pile of hard copy snail mail that had accrued on my desk during my three weeks of absence from the office. It was a little bit of everything--the good, the bad, and the ugly.
  • Evening Prayer in the cathedral.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)