Friday

Another travel day. Hopped a 7am departure from Springfield to Orlando via Dallas-Fort Worth. Picked up my rental car,drove to downtown Orlando, and checked into the Grand Bohemian, the "official" hotel accommodation arranged by the Diocese of Central Florida for those attending the consecration of bishop-elect Greg Brewer tomorrow. Having about an hour to kill, I walked up Orange Street and tried to get a feel for the downtown vibe. Walked a couple of blocks east and took in Eola Lake Park, which actually looked a little familiar from my last visit to Orlando--45 years ago! After freshening up and changing into my "uniform" I met the limousine that had been dispatched to ferry visiting bishops to the Orlando Country Club for dinner with the bishop-elect and diocesan dignitaries. Cocktail hour out on the patio was scenic and lovely. After dinner I joined three bishop colleagues for a drink in the hotel bar.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)