St Mark's Day

Took a personal "play day" in Chicago in the wake of the Province V Synod. Right after getting out of bed I found a ticket to the Cubs-Cardinals game online and snagged it. Had breakfast with Bishop Little again, then checked out of the Marriott and headed on an errant related to ecclesiastical haberdashery. Drove down to where my younger daughter and her family live, parked my car in front of their house and hoofed it to the Logan Square CTA station. A while later I found myself at Wrigley Field, aka the center of the universe. After walking around the neighborhood to kill time and accumulate steps on my pedometer, I consumed an Italian Beef sandwich, and then entered the stadium and found my seat (a very good one, I should say). It was raining off and on, and I wondered whether the game would even get played, but it did. Not happy with the result, but an afternoon at the ballpark can't be beat. Dinner at a nearby Mexican place with my Chicago offspring and their offspring, followed by drinks with my son, and conversation with everyone back at our daugher's place. A good day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)