Thursday

After a shopping run to Trader Joe's (always mandatory when in Chicago), I headed home, but with a significant detour via South Bend, Indiana. Fr Tony Clavier, who will shortly become vicar of St Thomas', Glen Carbon and St Bartholomew's, Granite City has served ably in the Diocese of Northern Indiana for the last few years, and several of his colleagues (who are, of course, friends and former colleagues of mine) gave him an elegant going-away luncheon at a lovely restaurant on the Notre Dame campus. I was glad I went. While en route back to Springfield, I did some business, engaging in a long phone conversation with a potential presenter for a still-in-the-planning stage conference for clergy and musicians. I am excited about the plans we began to lay.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)