Wednesday

  • Task planning and a bunch of email processing at home.
  • Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
  • Just as I settled down to my prodigious to-do list, I was reminded in an email of a writing commitment I had made before Easter; it had somehow slipped through the cracks in my steel-trap task management system. So I got to work on that (an essay on offering Holy Communion to unbaptized persons, to be part of a collection on that subject published by Leadership Resources).
  • Early lunch with the Dean at nearby Dublin Pub. We were getting ducks in a row ahead of my attendance this evening at the regular April meeting of the cathedral Chapter.
  • Continued with my writing project until almost 4:00. Sent it off by email.
  • In the meantime, however, I received a phone call informing me of the sudden death sometime during the night of Fr John Bettman, a recently retired priest of the diocese with whom I had spent time just this past weekend at Cursillo. This was a complete shock, and horribly disturbing news. Arrangements are pending.
  • Spent an hour working with the still-in-beta diocesan website. I am so sorry this is taking so long. It will be wonderful when it's rolled out. Kinks keep appearing.
  • Evening Prayer in the cathedral.
  • Carry-out dinner from a Chinese place on South Grand, eaten in my office.
  • Attended the cathedral Chapter meeting at 7. They are facing some challenging financial issues. I believe we made some good progress in finding a way forward. 
  • Home around 9.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)