Friday

  • Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
  • Spent the morning creating Power Point slides for the material I will be presenting at the Clergy Day on June 2. (Note to clergy: YFNB is a responsible Power Point user. It will not be mind-numbing.)
  • Lunch at home.
  • Took "my share in the councils of the church" via some exchanges on the House of Bishops/Deputies listserv on the novel (and uncanonical) practice of offering Holy Communion to people who have not been baptized.
  • Considered options and consulted others regarding policy on when and by whom we take care of the canonical obligation that candidates for Holy Orders be examined by a mental health professional.
  • Various items of administrivia.
  • Tested myself on my ability to name the 60 counties (and their seats) that are included in the Diocese of Springfield. I got 24. I want to do better. A continuing project.
  • Lectio divina on the Old Testament reading in tomorrow's Daily Office lectionary.
  • Evening Prayer in the cathedral.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)