Visitation of the BVM

  • Up earlier and out of the house later, owing to a Thursday habit of morning weight lifting and a vigorous treadmill workout I'm trying to establish.
  • Immediately distracted by ... administrivia ... when I got to the office, so the best I could manage was the short form of Morning Prayer, in my own office.
  • Made a call to one of our priests to discuss some ongoing issues in his congregation.
  • Met with the diocesan Standing Committee. One of their functions is to serve as my Council of Advice, and, in that duty, they excel.
  • Lunch with Randy Winn, a member of the Standing Committee from Trinity, Mount Vernon. Randy has an extensive professional background in capital fundraising. Guess what we talked about.
  • Thought and prayed my way through to a message statement for my homily at St John the Baptist, Mt Carmel, on their feast of title (24 June).
  • Spoke extensively by phone with another of our priests, on matters both diocesan and parochial.
  • Hand-wrote notes to clergy who celebrate various life milestone anniversaries in June. 
  • Took care of some calendar organization issues.
  • Evening Prayer in the cathedral.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)