Saturday


We left Springfield at 9:30 in order be in West Lafayette, Indiana in time for the afternoon wedding of a  young lady who worshiped in my former parish (St Anne's, Warsaw, IN) while she was a college student in the area. It was my honor to have been asked to participate in the ceremony. But it was outdoors, on a large pedestrian bridge over the Wabash River, and a thunderstorm hit right as the ceremony began. I gave a rather attenuated version of my planned remarks, because I was holding an umbrella and watching a bunch of people sitting in chairs getting soaked as I spoke! Blessedly, the rain let up soon thereafter.

Following the reception, we headed west and south to Princeton, Indiana, where we are presently camped. Tomorrow's itinerary includes St John's, Albion at 9 and St Mary's, Robinson at 1.

While all this was going on, I was, of course, dealing with the "breaking news" that I am one of ten bishops against whom a misconduct complaint has been filed in response to our having signed a "friend of the court" brief in property disputes that two dioceses are involved in. I will write more about this soon--hopefully tomorrow evening--and most likely release a pastoral letter to the diocese on Monday. Please continue to hold me in your prayers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)