Tuesday (E.B. Pusey)


I look at my electronic technology that way I look at the cars I drive: I'm not much of a nerd; mostly I just want everything to work like it's supposed to, to make my life more efficient and less annoying, and to generally stay in the background and not call attention to itself. These are among the reasons I opted for a Macintosh laptop last week. It came yesterday, and I spent about four hours trying to get it as "set up" as I could, hoping I could hit the ground running this morning and be very productive.

Well ... it was a nice idea. I may not be nerdy, but I lean enough in the direction of OCD that it's really hard for me to focus on much else when my technology infrastructure is full of loose ends floating past my field of view. Today was one of those days. I made considerable progress, but the Big Kahuna--getting my Mac to play nice over a wireless connection with the HP LaserJet P2050 connected to the Administrator's desktop PC--is still putting up a fight. Got any ideas? You know where to find me.

Amid all that, I did manage to attend to an ongoing "situation" in one of our parishes, and crank out a working script of a sermon for this Sunday at St Matthew's, Bloomington. Tomorrow will be better. I so hope.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)