Tuesday

  • Task planning for the week at home; Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
  • Initially processed a load of snail mail that was waiting on my desk. Some I could toss quickly; others are in the pile for later attention and action.
  • Consulted with the Archdeacon and the Treasurer on sundry administrative matters.
  • My laptop computer--which is to say, the place where I actually live most of my life--has been showing signs of ... well ... wearing out. So, by way of being proactive, and not wanting it to go dark before I'm ready, I've been investigating alternatives. This morning it was time to pull all the research together and make a decision. I'm going over to the Dark Side and getting a MacBook Pro. It's ordered. Not joining the cult, though.
  • Wrote a brief email blast to the clergy on a subject of moderate importance but high urgency.
  • Responded to a couple of emails from clergy whose parishes I am visiting soon.
  • Completed and refined my homily for this Sunday at Trinity, Mattoon.
  • Began to work on planning the musical elements of the Synod Eucharist.
  • Lunch at home--leftovers.
  • Resumed working on the Synod Mass music, and completed that task.
  • Attended to some deployment issues with regard to a new list of candidates for the newly-reopened search at the Chapel of St John the Divine in Champaign.
  • Took a phone call from the Bishop of Quincy, wherein he invited me to address their annual synod next month. I had to turn him down, because it's the same day as ours.
  • Ended the work day with some more minor email processing and a returned phone call.
  • Evening Prayer in the cathedral.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)