Wednesday


We concluded our meeting of the Bishops of Small Dioceses around 11:30am. I came away with some helpful ideas, but also contributed, giving bits and pieces of what has become my parish hall stump speech in the diocese regarding the secularization of society. And apart from any of the specific content, the chance to just spend time with peers is invaluable. Time invested in relationship building will pay dividends in unexpected ways.

The Bishops of Wyoming and Nevada rode with me to the airport in my rental car, and I hung out with them for a bit as we waited for our flights. The connection in Dallas was tight, but I made it, and was walking back into the house to an enthusiastic canine welcome a little past 9.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)