Wednesday

  • Task planning for the week at home, along with some general note-making toward the five retreat addresses I will deliver to the priests of the Diocese of Albany in April.
  • Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
  • Dashed off an email note to clergy in charge of congregations on some liturgical technicalities related to the transition on the office of Archbishop of Canterbury and our new companion diocese relationships.
  • I've been asked to celebrate the Eucharist for a Youth Department event this weekend at the cathedral. Any celebration of the Eucharist deserves careful planning, particularly when the occasion is outside of anyone's routine, so I spent some time on site developing ideas and communicating with key players.
  • Spoke by phone at some length with a potential interim rector for St Andrew's, Carbondale.
  • Replied to an Ember Day letter from one of our seminarians.
  • Lunch at home--leftovers.
  • Produced a working script for my homily this Sunday (Trinity, Jacksonville).
  • Surveyed my February visitation schedule and added appropriate items to my tickler file.
  • Tallied the number of "personal" miles driven on the YFNBmobile during 2012 and report the results to the Treasurer so he can add an appropriate amount to my W-2 income.
  • Invested a good chunk of time investigating possibilities for creating a cloud-based database system for the diocese. It would make so much of what we do more efficient. My fearful suspicion is that the cost will be prohibitive.
  • Tested myself on my knowledge of the names of the 60 counties that make up the Diocese of Springfield (and their seat towns). I had the best score yet, but still got barely more than half. Of course, of those counties where we actually have a church, I only blanked on a couple.
  • Evening Prayer in the cathedral.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)