Holy Saturday

  • Slept in until around 8.
  • Did NOT do my customary Saturday exercise routine, as I am for the time being forbidden from accelerating my heart rate.
  • Looked at some emails, read the paper, chatted with Brenda.
  • Showered, dressed, and headed in to the cathedral, where I met with the Provost and the Verger and did some on-site tactical planning for tonight's Easter Vigil.  Stayed for some personal quiet time.
  • Did some sermon work and prepared some website content from my recliner during the afternoon hours.
  • Returned to the cathedral complex at 6:30 after a light supper. Read Evening Prayer in my office, then participated in the liturgy rehearsal.
  • The Easter Vigil was at 8pm. It's always so powerful to hear the familiar narratives of God's ever-ingenious and opportunistic project of redeeming us from the power of sin and death. It was a spirited liturgy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)