(I took an extra day off this week so Brenda and I could attend our daughter-in-law's performance at Millennium Park in Chicago on Monday night. Angela is a budding country singer and songwriter, and our son Jordan plays slide guitar in her backup group.)
- Usual AM routine. Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Attended to a few items of administrivia that were waiting on my desk , then buckled down to processing a quite full email inbox. Tried to keep up with breaking developments in the U.S. Supreme Court at odd moments.
- Met with Randy Winn (Trinity, Mt Vernon) in his capacity as stewardship chair for the diocese. We discussed a plan for revitalizing stewardship education in the parishes, and the possibility of a diocesan capital funds campaign at some point.
- Lunch from China 1, eaten at home.
- Resumed processing emails, finishing mid-afternoon.
- Refined and printed a working script for this Sunday's homily at St James', Marion.
- More small but important administrative matters.
- Brief bits of Youth Department and Nashotah House work.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.