The Lord's Day--XIV Pentecost

Since I was already in Mattoon, and their Sunday liturgy is not until 10am, I got to sleep in and feel a bit self-indulgent. It was, as always, a joy to preside and preach for the good people of Trinity Church. There is certainly a critical mass among them for seriously engaging the emerging mission strategy paradigm of the diocese. After the coffee hour, I accompanied Fr Truelove in bringing Holy Communion to a homebound parishioner. I then headed up I-57 to Champaign, where I had a meeting with a priest of the diocese over some administrative and pastoral concerns. It was nearly 5pm before I got home. As I settled into my recliner with a plate of homemade tacos on my lap, I stumbled on the beginning of the film Forrest Gump. I saw it when it first came out in 1994, but it was fun to reconnect. What a fancifully sweet and compelling story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)