Tuesday

  • 77 individual action items tagged for this week in my task management software. Most will not get done this week. 17 (unrealistically? optimistically?) earmarked for today.
  • Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
  • Did some initial culling of the hard-copy detritus that had accumulated on my desk during my absence.
  • Spoke by phone with one of our priests who is in a time of transition.
  • Developed, refined, and printed my homily for this Sunday (St Mark's, West Frankfort). Put the script in my car (a habit that recognizes my fallible memory), and arranged for the text to magically appear on the interwebs about the time it's being delivered.
  • Dealt with some administrative detritus pertaining to the upcoming pilgrimage to England and the upcoming board meeting at Nashotah House.
  • Put the finishing touches on a draft Charge to the Dean Search Committee at Nashotah.
  • Lunch from Market Grille--the restaurant associated with the HyVee grocery store that opened just today (the place was mobbed)--eaten at home.
  • Responded to a handful of emails that come under the general hybrid rubric of Administration/Pastoral Care.
  • Processed (mostly by scanning) my physical inbox. This, in turn, generated about a half dozen new entries in the task list.
  • Organized and made an initial fly by over the readings for Proper 9--July 6 at St Stephen's, Harrisburg.
  • Evening Prayer in the cathedral.
  • In the evening, after dinner, kept my nose to the grindstone and dealt with more administrivia--some Nashotah, some pilgrimage, some involved eucharistic communities in crisis or transition. Accomplished 13 of the 17 action items that I put in front of myself at the beginning of the day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)