Saturday (St Philip the Deacon)

Back at the podium calling the synod to order at 8:30am. The main item of business was, of course, the budget, and the discussion was appropriately vigorous, given the implications of the proposed new diocesan staff position. The final vote revealed a synod majority ready to step out of the boat, and even most who did not vote in favor are conceptually supportive. But, as I indicated to the assembly, I will not move to fill the Canon for Mission Development position until we see the actual pledges coming in from the parishes. Even with an extended budget debate, we were finished before 11. Brenda and I stopped for lunch in Litchfield, and, when we got home, I napped long and hard. Synod (on top of my recent travels) was wearing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)