Tuesday

  • Weekly and daily task planning, and some email processing, at home.
  • Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
  • Met with Walt Born, a postulant for Holy Orders in the diocese.
  • Walked up to Illinois National Bank to make a deposit. (Yes, I could have driven, but I wanted to wrack up steps on my pedometer.)
  • Reworked and freshened the text of a sermon from many years ago for use on Proper 27 (November 16 at Trinity, Mattoon).
  • Drafted and sent a couple of emails: one pertaining to our mission strategy, one pertaining to a companion diocese relationship.
  • Lunch of pulled pork from HyVee, eaten at home. Afterward, I stopped by the neighborhood UCC church to cast my vote on election day.
  • Drafted and sent two more emails: one pertaining to my Nashotah House board responsibilities and another to one of our priests concerning a visitation date.
  • Edited and posted Prayers of the People forms for Year B, Advent through Epiphany. This took a while.
  • Took a phone call from a lay leader in one of our parishes concerning a vexing pastoral/administrative matter.
  • Did some strategizing and plotted some tasks relative to a clergy deployment issue.
  • Confirmed arrangements for a personal retreat I have planned for next month.
  • Evening Prayer in the cathedral.
  • While watching election returns in the evenings (mostly with the sound muted), I cranked out a blog post on something I've already spoken about a good but within the diocese.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)