Friday

  • Task planning and Morning Prayer at home.
  • First appointment to break in a new primary care physician. She is curious and has a sense of humor, so I think we'll get along. That she may be younger than my own daughters is another matter entirely.
  • Took care of a bit of administrivia pertaining to the cathedral.
  • Via web and phone, attended to an issue involving my Chicago (CTA Ventra) transit card, which I do use most every time I'm in that area. Good customer service experience. Issue resolved.
  • In my capacity as "temporary parish priest" at the cathedral during Holy Week, where it looks like there will be nobody else in Holy Orders suited up and ready for duty, I did some of the heavy lifting that I hope will lead eventually to a service leaflet for Palm Sunday.
  • Lunch from McD's, eaten at home.
  • Did my "rough prep" for the fourth Lenten Wednesday at St Michael's, O'Fallon--March 18.
  • Took a first prayerful pass at the appointed readings for Easter V, in preparation for preaching at St George's, Belleville.
  • Back in cathedral pastor mode: Combed the parish list and selected the initial batch of invitees to have their feet washed on Maundy Thursday. Sent them a batch email. They won't all say Yes, so the list will change some before the actual event.
  • Friday prayer: Lectio divina on the daily office OT reading for tomorrow, from Jeremiah.
  • Evening Prayer in the cathedral.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)