Thursday


  • Customary Thursday morning weights and treadmill workout. 
  • Some residual technical issues with my car (getting to it play nice with my iPhone) delayed my departure. Morning Prayer fells through the cracks today. 
  • Met with a couple of lay people from one of our Eucharistic Communities over an emerging administrative and pastoral issue. 
  • Ran (well, I drove, actually) up to Isringhausen to inquire re my technical issues. As invariably happens, when their tech savant did the very same things I had tried, they worked for him. At least it got done. 
  • Took a substantial phone call from a lay member of one of our communities bringing me up to speed on an urgent pastoral concern. 
  • Got to work on fleshing out, editing, and printing a homily for tomorrow night's ordination of David Wells to the transitional diaconate. 
  • Lunch from La Bamba, eaten at home. 
  • Completed the sermon work I had begun before lunch.
  •  Took a substantial phone call regarding some Nashotah business. 
  • Attended to some details pertaining to Fr Muriuki's institution in Cairo in a couple of weeks.
  • Responded to a couple of emails that have been in the queue for a while. 
  • Evening Prayer in the cathedral. 
  • Conceived and hatched the broad strokes of a sermon for Fr Muriuki's institution. 
  •  After dinner, at home, I put this finishing touches on this blog post about my recent trip to Cuba.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)