Tuesday

  • From the long list of way more things to do than I will have time for this week, I chose 15. By day's end, ten were done.
  • Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
  • Debriefed a bit with the Archdeacon and the Administrator on my trip to Cuba.
  • Refined, edited, and submitted my next post for the Covenant blog. Look for it to appear a couple of weeks from now.
  • Prepared a draft agenda for the regular spring meeting of the Nashotah House Board of Trustees next month. Submitted it to the Secretary for his input.
  • Attended to some administrative issues pertaining to setting the stage of our transitional deacon to the priesthood in a timely manner.
  • Tweaked, refined, and printed my homily for this Sunday (St John the Divine, Champaign).
  • Lunch from McD's, eaten at home.
  • Headed to the Prairie Heart Institute for a scheduled stress test. (I could have told them there's plenty of stress in my life, right?!) Somehow I didn't get the message that the procedure (actually, a complex of procedures) would require three hours of my time. That information, of course, increased my stress level.
  • Left around 4:30 and headed back to the office, stopping by the bank on my way to make a deposit.
  • Tied up the loose ends on this Sunday's homily--making the necessary moves for the text to appear in cyberspace at the scheduled start time of the last liturgy at which it will be delivered (standard procedure).
  • Took care of a small tidbit of Nashotah business via email.
  • Contemporized the illustrations and otherwise revised a homily for Easter IV delivered some years ago, now repurposed for use at Trinity, Yazoo City, MS, one of my DEPO parishes.
  • Left the office around 6:00, praying the evening office (short memorized form) in my car on the way home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)