Saturday (St Benedict)

Unless I have a meeting scheduled, I usually let myself sleep in on Saturday mornings. Even so, I was startled to find it 8:45 when I woke up. Yesterday was a demanding day, and I came home tired. The main work of the day was to make sure I took a good, long walk, which was duly accomplished between rainstorms. We packed up and hit the road at 3:30 in order to have dinner at the home of some parishioners from St Stephen's, Harrisburg, which will be the site of my Sunday visitation in the morning. It was delightful. After twelve days of eating (mostly high end, because that's what was there) restaurant food in Salt Lake City, I can't say that I had a better meal there than I did in a home in humble Harrisburg, Illinois.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)