- Usual AM routine; task planning at home.
- Cleared the small pile on my desk blotter, which involved signing a couple of routine documents.
- Morning Prayer in the office (there were meetings going on in the cathedral).
- Reviewed, made some notes on, and electronically returned the rough draft of the liturgy for Friday's institution of the Provost of St Paul's Cathedral.
- Attended and participated in a meeting of the Finance Department, at which we tweaked the rough draft 2016 operating budget that had been prepared by the Treasurer.
- Tomorrow is the funeral of a prominent member of the cathedral parish, and it has fallen to me to preach. So I got busy preparing to do so. Since funeral homilies are rarely anticipated, my habit is just to say an earnest prayer, take a deep breath, and start writing what is given to me in the moment. It's a process that usually turns out to be filled with grace.
- Lunch from Pizza Hut (yes, I was rather bad), eaten at home. (Sudden late-morning craving combined with the knowledge of how easy it is to place an online order and just walk into the place and pick it up.)
- Continued working on the funeral homily, placing the printed script in the cathedral pulpit around 3:30.
- Took a several-block walk west and north, and back.
- Revised and updated some "vintage" material that will be repurposed for a sermon this Sunday at St Stephen's, Harrisburg.
- Took care of a small Nashotah-related administrative chore, and a small Tabora-related administrative chore.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.
Tuesday, July 7, 2015
Back in the diffuse insanity of the real world, which is preferable to the concentrated insanity of General Convention.