Tuesday

  • Just as I was pulling out of the driveway to head to the office I got a phone call from my optician's office letting me know that my new glasses were ready, so I diverted west instead of east. Then I stopped for gas. When I arrived at the office, I discovered I didn't have my keys, so I drove back home to retrieve them. While returning, I got a phone call from a priest in another diocese seeking pastoral/strategic counsel, which kept me out in the parking lot for several minutes as we concluded our conversation. All this is just to say ... it was fully mid-morning by the time I got in!
  • Consulted with the Archdeacon and emailed the Treasurer about some cash flow technicalities pertaining to wiring some funds to one of our companion dioceses.
  • Fiddled with some new software that a friend online enticed me into downloading (a Mac client for WordPress). No satisfactory outcome from that yet, but I'm hopeful.
  • Spent the rest of the morning refining my homily for this Sunday (Advent I at St John the Baptist, Mt Carmel) and printing a working script.
  • Lunch at home. Leftovers.
  • Wrote the first draft of a post due soon for the Covenant blog. It mentions Jesus, Mel Gibson, and the "alpha issue" of ecclesial conflict.
  • Compiled some links to online parish search profiles that I had promised to send to the wardens of St Paul's, Pekin and All Saints, Morton.
  • Worked on my homily for Advent II (Trinity, Mt Vernon), taking it from "developed  notes" to "rough draft."
  • Threw up the broad strokes of two of the three meditations I am scheduled to give in a couple of weeks at an Advent Quiet Day at St Stephen's in Providence, Rhode Island. Taking my cue from the General Thanksgiving, the three will attempt to explicate the Redemption of the World, the Means of Grace, and the Hope of Glory.
  • Evening Prayer in the cathedral.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)