Friday (St Vincent of Saragossa)

  • Usual weekday AM routine. Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
  • Read, analyzed, and responded to an email from the cathedral Provost about the rota for weekday Masses. I'm usually good for Wednesdays ... except when I'm not. Anyway, several Wednesdays between now and Holy Week are in my calendar.
  • Arranged for a message to be sent to clergy (plus one lay person) in charge of Eucharistic Communities publicizing an upcoming conference on a subject that should be of interest to all in parish ministry.
  • Performed a regularly-scheduled (quarterly) personal audit of the implementation of our diocesan mission strategy. There is a need to balance patience with proactivity. There are some bright spots, some signs of steady but slow progress, and some disappointments. We forge ahead.
  • Scanned and otherwise disposed of the accumulated hard copy in my physical inbox. A necessary regular chore.
  • Lunch from Hardee's, eaten at home.
  • Processed a short stack of emails.
  • Tackled a project that has been long-deferred because it's not all that urgent, and never will be. But it struck me as time to connect a pair of speakers to a tuner/amplifier, all of which I brought from home, where they are now redundant. It's nice to now be able to listen to music on something of higher quality than my laptop's audio system. 
  • Began revising my working notes from the Advent Quiet Day I gave in Providence, Rhode Island last month in order to put them in publishable (read: bloggable) form.
  • Evening Prayer in the cathedral, in the midst of which I engaged in an Ignatian-style meditation on the day's daily office gospel reading, the middle section of Our Lord's encounter with the Samaritan woman in John's gospel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)