St Matthias

  • Usual weekday AM routine. Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
  • Made the necessary preparations to preside and preach at the midday Mass.
  • Needing to write a relatively brief message to one of our clergy about a policy issue, I burned an inordinate amount of time searching for a previous iteration of it. I could have rewritten the whole thing in about 10 minutes, which is what I ended up doing, since my search was unsuccessful.
  • Participated with the Administrator in another database software presentation via videoconference. We will probably do one more before we make a decision.
  • Presided and preached at the cathedral chapel Mass, keeping the major holy day of St Matthias the Apostle.
  • Lunch from McD's, eaten at home.
  • Stopped by Walgreen's en route back to the office to pick up a new prescription. Found out recently my blood is rather low in iron, which accounts for the way I've been feeling.
  • Took care of a small administrative chore in connection with my trusteeship of the Putnam Trust.
  • Under a deadline gun, wrote my customary "From the Chairman of the Board" column for the Easter edition of the Nashotah House quarterly magazine, The Missioner.
  • Responded to an email from one of the clergy about an ongoing and rather vexing administrative-pastoral issue.
  • Executed a form giving my consent to the consecration of the Bishop-Elect of Eastern Oregon.
  • Took a prayerful first pass at the readings for Easter V, in preparation for preaching on April 24 at Trinity, Yazoo City, MS (where I have a DEPO relationship).
  • Evening Prayer in the office.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)