Easter Day

Under normal circumstances, I would have again been the cathedral this morning. But Trinity, Jacksonville is between rectors and does not have a regular supply priest, so it was the right decision for me to be out there. Mercifully, they only have one liturgy and it's not until 10am, so I didn't have to leave the house at an inordinately early hour. Everything went smoothly, and it was fun to be with the people of Trinity. After coffee, I was the guest of the senior warden and her husband at an Easter brunch at Jacksonville Country Club. It was lovely. Then I drove back to Springfield and joined Brenda, who was already at the home of a cathedral parishioner family with whom we have had Easter dinner most of the years we've been in Springfield, and it's always delightful to be with them and the other guests.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)