Tuesday in Holy Week

  • Task planning at home (49 taks on the radar for this week).
  • Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
  • Substantive (planned) phone conversation with the rector of Emmanuel, Champaign to discuss some of the details and meta-details of my visitation there on Easter III (April 10).
  • Got to work on refining my homily for Easter (Vigil at the cathedral, morning in Jacksonville).
  • Broke off from that work at 10:30 to participate in a planned regular conference call with U.S. Trust/Bank of America regarding the Putnam Trust.
  • Stepped across the alley to confer with the cathedral Provost over some broad and fine details of Saturday night's Easter Vigil liturgy.
  • Got back to and completed my sermon refining work.
  • Executed a form signalling my consent for the Diocese of West Texas to elect of Bishop Suffragan,
  • Attended briefly to a technology issue pertaining to our email domain.
  • Attended the regularly-scheduled cathedral Mass for Tuesday in Holy Week.
  • Lunch at home, leftover.
  • Spoke by phone with the Academic Dean of Nashotah House. (This was wearing my Bishop of Springfield hat, not my Board Chairman hat.)
  • Devoted most of my afternoon to preparing liturgical materials in support of a diocesan prayer initiative that I rolled out to the clergy on Saturday, and will publicize with a pastoral letter in the next couple of days.
  • Examined the text of a homily for Easter III that I used some years ago (1998, to be precise) and began the work of overhauling it for redeployment this year.
  • Evening Prayer in the cathedral.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)