Wednesday in Holy Week

  • Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
  • Prepared to preside and preach at the midday Mass.
  • Had a substantive phone conversation with one of our rectors over the canonical revisions that are in process.
  • Spent the rest of the morning writing a pastoral letter to the diocese and putting final touches on liturgical materials related to the subject of the letter.
  • Just before I left to go say Mass, I got a text message informing me of the death of 97-year old priest whose parishioner I became 40 years ago this August. I was probably the first to offer a eucharistic intention for the repose of his soul.
  • Lunch at home, leftovers.
  • Pored over my notes on the readings for Easter V and gave birth to the message statement (simple statement of good news, present tense, indicative mood, with no subordinate clauses and no imperatives) for my homily on that occasion (24 April at Trinity, Yazoo City, MS).
  • Kept an appointment with a gastroenterologist--consult in preparation for a procedure that clinicians in that field are known for. This is all part of the effort to chase down the source of my anemia.
  • Back at the office, met with a delegation from St Paul's Cathedral to discuss lifting the "special circumstances" under which they have been operating for the past three years or so. We were pretty much of one accord.
  • Evening Prayer in the office.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)