Wednesday (St Chad)

  • Task planning at home; Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
  • Prepared to preside and preach at the midday Mass.
  • Conferred with the Provost over a scheduling issue.
  • Spent some quality time with various commentaries (mostly Raymond Brown on John) on the readings for the Fifth Sunday of Easter, in preparation for preaching on that occasion at Trinity Church, Yazoo City, MS, where I have a DEPO relationship. I always wish I had more time for Bible study. I could have spent the whole day on just that.
  • Took an online survey in connection with the clinical trial I'm part of (heart valve).
  • Presided and preached at the Eucharist in observance of the lesser feast of St Chad.
  • Lunch at home. Leftovers.
  • Reviewed a draft bulletin for Easter Sunday at Trinity, Jacksonville (where I will be supplying). Made a few tweaks and sent the draft back to the parish office.
  • Developed a fully-inputted draft of the program for the Chrism Mass on March 19.
  • Took the rough draft of a Chrism Mass homily that I developed last week and brought to "perfection" (aka hard copy in a file folder and an online version ready to go live at service time).
  • Completed editing my notes from last December's Advent Quiet Day into standard prose suitable for online posting in due course.
  • Evening Prayer in the office.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)