Saturday

Somewhat leisurely morning at home, though perhaps somewhat less so than most Saturdays. In due course, I got to work refining and editing the text of my homily for tomorrow at Redeemer, Cairo. That endeavor was interrupted at 10:15 by my electronic calendar reminding me that I had a 10:30 appointment at the office with a candidate from out of the diocese for one of our vacant cures. With all the travel I've been doing, this one slipped under my mental radar, so I was grateful for the technology. I hastily threw on some appropriate attire and pulled into the office parking lot right on the nose at 10:30. (There's a lot to be said for a short commute.) That work completed about an hour later, I headed home, picking up some Chinese food for lunch from HyVee. Eventually I got back to completing my sermon, and by then it was time to pack for an overnight. We pulled out of the driveway at 2:50, about 20 minutes behind our intended schedule, and arrived at our destination at 6:10--a rural area between the small communities of Anna and Dongola. The weather improved markedly the further south we got. We were graciously entertained for dinner at the home of Bert and Emma Gruchy, parishioners at Redeemer, who are also our hosts for the night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)