Sunday, May 8, 2016

Seventh Sunday of Easter

Up and out of my Marion hotel room in time to make the relatively short drive to St Mark's, West Frankfort ahead of their specially-scheduled Sunday Eucharist at 8:30 (usual time is 9:00). Preached and presided with a congregation of about 20 people before skipping coffee hour and heading straight to St Stephen's, Harrisburg to their specially-scheduled 10:30 liturgy (usually at 10:00), to which I was about five minutes late, but they waited for me. This time I didn't have to run off right away, so I got to enjoy always splendid gustatory hospitality of St Stephen's (two of whose members really know how to barbecue--there was both brisket and pulled pork). I had the pleasure of being diverted by a ball game on the radio the entire drive home (and for a while thereafter; it went 13 innings), so it didn't seem all that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment