Friday (St Hilary of Poitiers)

  • Usual devotions (Angelus, intercessions before the Blessed Sacrament) in the cathedral, whereupon I discovered that I had left my phone at home, so I headed back there, offering short form of Morning Prayer en route.
  • Quickly took care of a couple of bits of administrivia.
  • Scanned and otherwise processed the contents of my hard-copy inbox.
  • Met for the balance of the morning with the Archdeacon and the Treasurer to compare resources with opportunities and more toward preparing an amended budget to present to the February meeting of the Diocesan Council (which always amends the budget passed by Synod the previous fall anyway, so while what we were discussing is kind of not routine, it's also kind of routine).
  • Kept a 12:30 appointment to have an ultrasound scan of my thyroid done. (There were some nodules discovered about five years ago, so this was just to see whether they're still the same size--and, I found out later, they are ... so, reassuring.)
  • Given the freezing rain advisory that was to come into effect mid-afternoon, I headed home for the day. Lunched on leftovers.
  • Worked most of the rest of the afternoon on a long-term writing project (a series of short meditations on liturgical texts associated with Advent).
  • Evening Prayer at home. No freezing rain yet!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)