- Task planning (lots of it) at home. 60 items in play for what's left of this week.
- Returned a call from a lay person living in the southern part of the diocese seeking some pastoral care.
- Devotions and Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Prepared to preside and preach at the cathedral midday Mass.
- Conferred briefly with the Communications Coordinator.
- Culled and cleared accumulated hard copy detritus from my physical desktop.
- Responded to emails from a couple of clergy whose parishes I will be visiting soon.
- Edited, refined, and printed the working text of my homily for this Sunday (St John's, Albion).
- Took a walk in the neighborhood.
- Celebrated and preached a votive Mass "For the Nation" in the cathedral chapel. The choice seemed appropriate.
- Lunch from Taco Gringo (it's been a while), eaten at home.
- Wrote a note of condolence to a former Nashotah trustee whose wife has just died.
- Called to schedule an appointment with Fr Mike Newago, who is settling in as Priest-in-Charge of St Barnabas', Havana, but who is also Mission Strategy Consultant for the three northern deanaries of the diocese.
- Attended briefly to some Forward Movement-related materials.
- Attended substantively to some mission strategy issues.
- Responded via email to a pastoral situation affecting one of our clergy.
- Responded by email to the priest of yet another parish I will soon be visiting.
- To the cathedral for an early-ish Evening Prayer (around 4:15).
- Check in by email with yet another of our clergy who is undergoing vexing health issues.
- Took steps toward conceiving a homily for a the feast of St Aidan, to be delivered next Thursday evening in St Mary's Chapel at Nashotah House.
Wednesday, August 23, 2017
... and we're back: