Holy Cross

  • What better way to begin the day than by offering Morning Prayer while on a treadmill?! (thank-you, technology) I didn't pray the entire time I was on it, but it did consume about the first 20 minutes. 
  • At my desk and attacking my to-do list just a little later than the normal time, given my successful attempt at synergy. 
  • Attended via email to an emerging administrative/pastoral concern.
  • Worked on my homily for the synod Mass, taking it from "developed outline" to "rough draft."
  • Hand-wrote notes of greeting to the clergy and spouses with birthdays and anniversaries in October. 
  • Spoke by phone with one of our priests on an urgent personal pastoral matter.
  • Attended Mass for Holy Cross day in the cathedral chapel.
  • Lunch from HyVee, eaten at home (pulled pork).
  • Spoke by phone, substantively but relatively briefly, with the Acting Dean of Nashotah House.
  • Handled a handful of emails as they came (if I can do so in under two minutes, that's my policy).
  • Drafted the text of the next-up short catechetical video in the Seven Habits of Well-Formed Christian Disciples series.
  • Since I serve on the board for Forward Movement, but don't regularly read their flagship publication, the daily devotional Forward Day by Day, I make it a point to look at a core sample from each quarterly booklet, just to check for quality. The third quarter 2017 authors all seem to be pretty good.
  • Evening Prayer in the cathedral. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)