Thursday

  • Usual AM routine. MP in the cathedral.
  • Culled a stack of hard copy material I found waiting for me on my desk.
  • Consulted briefly with Dean Hook on a dangling synod detail.
  • Attended to some liturgical planning details for next month's clergy conference. Took longer than I anticipated.
  • Conferred with the Archdeacon on sundry issues.
  • Dealt by email with a pastoral issue in one of our Eucharistic Communities.
  • Lunch from HyVee, eaten at home.
  • Ran a brief personal errand.
  • Took a long and prayerful pass at the readings for the Third Sunday of Advent, in preparation for preaching that day at St Luke's, Springfield. Made appropriate notes.
  • Resumed and completed work on my next-due Covenant post and sent it on to the merciless editors (whom I love, of course). 
  • Devotions and an attenuated Evening Prayer in the cathedral.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)