Wednesday (St Lucy)

Some have teased me over my seeming passion for personal organization and non-procrastination. (For example, when I have to give a from-scratch Sunday sermon, it's a six-week process of incubation and development.) Well ... today is the reason I endure the teasing. A piece of certified mail arriving in the office late yesterday afternoon looped me into a situation that consumed my entire morning, and much of the afternoon. The fact that I'm basically on top of my routine work means that I can absorb black swans like this and not go into meltdown. And, no, I can't say anything about that certified mail. I did manage to get a little bit of other work done, though even some of that was focused on a different iteration of the same genre of issue that consumed most of the day. Sent a couple of emails acknowledging ordination anniversaries, and brought some clarity to my gestating homily for the Baptism of Christ (January 7). With gratitude, I was able to pray both the morning and evening offices, in the cathedral. Rarely has it been so essential.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)