Tuesday (James T. Holley)

  • Task planning at home. Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
  • Edited, refined, printed, and scheduled for posting the rough draft of this Sunday's homily (St Thomas', Glen Carbon).
  • Consulted briefly with the Archdeacon on an administrative issue.
  • Took a phone call from a retired bishop seeking deeper insight into something I had posted on my blot about last week's House of Bishops meeting.
  • Attended to some details of a trip I'm taking next week to Maryland to receive a former Roman Catholic priest into the ordained ministry of the Episcopal Church? (Why am I doing this in Maryland? Long and complicated story.)
  • Took an impromptu meeting with the cathedral Altar Guild head, wherein we discussed the Chrism Mass and Holy Week.
  • Attended to making sure a couple of people got paid from my discretionary fund who needed to get pain from my discretionary fund.
  • Took an online survey expressing my opinions about last week's House of Bishops meeting.
  • Connected with the church I'm visiting this Sunday to confirm that they are indeed expecting me. (Seems like *over*abundanc of caution, but one would not want to arrive for a visitation unannounced ... or perhaps one *would.* Hmmm ... )
  • Stopped by China 1 to pick up some lunch. Got it home and discovered they had given me somebody else's order (and, it turned out, him mine). Made the trip back, got the right lunch, but since I was running on fumes, had to stop for gas on the way home.
  • Took Brenda to a dental appointment.
  • Processed a short stack of late-arriving emails.
  • Attended to an administrative issue involving Gnosis, our database software.
  • Moved the ball down the field several years toward the completion of the liturgy program for the Chrism Mass.
  • Stepped over to the next football field and did the same thing with respect to travel arrangements for a June visit to the diocese from the Bishop of Tabora and his wife.
  • Took the rough notes of my Lenten weeknight presentation tomorrow night at St George's Belleville, fleshed them out a good bit, printed them and put them in my car, which I have discovered is a "best practice" in such matters.
  • Evening Prayer in the cathedral.

Comments

  1. Reminds me of the joke, told by my bishop at that time, about a a bishop visiting a congregation. Very few were there, and after the service, he demanded to know whether the priest had told them he was coming. The priest replied that he hadn't, but somehow that had found out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)