Friday (St Bede)

Since I would have been the only one in the office, I didn't go in but for a while in the afternoon to work on a file scanning project and engage in one of my spiritual practices, which is to sit down at the organ and play through hymns, with close attention to the texts. There is virtually always a rather rich spiritual surprise for me when I do that. At home in the morning, I worked up a rough draft of a homily for Proper 6 (June 17 in Mt Carmel), beginning with the general outline I had developed last week. I also managed to sneak in some General Convention prep. take my homily for Proper 5 (June 10 in O'Fallon) from "message statement" to "developed outline," and moved the ball downfield a bit on a Christian formation project that is still in the nascent stages.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)