Sixth Sunday of Easter (Rogation)

I'm always energized by the liturgy and music at the Chapel of St John the Divine in Champaign, where we did Rogation Sunday up right this morning, with an outdoor procession, wherein the verger ended up directing  vehicular traffic, to bless an experimental agriculture plot. The choir sang the Jubilate from the Howells Collegium Regale setting. I actually preached on the text from I John (which I find a difficult document) about "water and blood." Six young adults were confirmed, including a college senior who was born the year my oldest child was a college senior, so I feel suitably ancient. I got a sneak peak at some prospective architectural plans for the replacement of Canterbury House. All in all, a splendid visit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)