Saturday (William Tyndale)

  • Up and out on a long walk by 0720: west on Lawrence to MacArthur, north to Jefferson, east to Ninth, south to Sound Grand, west on Second, and back up to the office after a stop for breakfast at the Sunrise Cafe. 
  • After getting cleaned up and dressed, brief devotions in the cathedral, followed by Morning Prayer in the office.
  • Cranked out another 220-word reflection on a passage from the daily office lectionary for November 2019, #18 of an eventual 30. I'm enjoying spending some quality time with I Maccabees.
  • Cleared my desk of various bits of detritus: signing some, filing others, disposing of most. 
  • Checked in with a group beginning to gather across the alley for a reunion of those attended Episcopal Church Camp of Illinois.
  • Picked up something from the dry cleaners, headed out Clearlake for a burger and frozen custard at Freddy's, then onward eastbound on I-72 through a torrential downpour most of the way to Champaign. 
  • Arrived right on time for a 2:00pm meeting with the Mission Leadership Team of the Chapel of St John the Divine. We had some sober and difficult, but irenic conversation. When I got back in my car, it was 4:25.
  • Drove south on I-57, through only occasional gentle rain this time, arriving at my destination for the night--the Hampton Inn, Marion--right at 7:00. Check in and stepped across the way for some dinner at Applebee's. Plenty tired.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)